Legal and Compliance
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
Reporting directly to the AU/NZ Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance of newly onboarded customers in accordance with Australian AML/CTF laws. This is a fast-paced role in which you will be focused on operational excellence while still having room to grow your career.
- Assess ultimate beneficial ownership and collect and verify identity documents for key parties in alignment with KYC standards;
- Make assessments of business activities and make further enquiries where necessary;
- Document recommendations regarding assigned customer risk ratings;
- Assist in fulfilling regulatory reporting obligations;
- Act as an escalation point for transaction monitoring and suspicious activity referrals, and
- Generally help mature and enhance compliance processes and procedures in accordance with direction from the Compliance Manager.
Who You Are:
- You are a compliance professional – with an in depth understanding of AML/CTF legislation, ability to articulating the requirements and experience putting this into practice.
- You are a natural process improver – with the ability to identify inefficiencies and uplift processes accordingly.
- You are a strong communication– which allows you to communicate effectively with stakeholders from multiple departments
- You are a goal setter– and are capable of managing competing and changing goals in accordance with directions from the Compliance Manager.
- You are detail oriented – with the ability to carry out work with a high degree of quality.
- You are a team player – you build rapport and become a vital part of a small and fast-paced team
Skill and Experience You Will Bring:
- 2-4 years of experience in AML/CTF and KYC operations.
- Subject matter expertise in Australian business structures and relevant legislation.
- Operational excellence in KYC, ECDD, beneficial ownership verification, transaction monitoring and reporting.
- Prior experience in a tech company or other fast-paced environment will be highly regarded.
- Compliance mindset and high regard for the customer experience.
- Chinese language skills would be well regarded but not required.
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard