Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of the business.
As an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery and quality of the feature team you are leading. 70% of your time will be hands on the tools writing code and delivering features, 30% of your time will be ensuring the quality of the teams output is at the right level and that the team is working effectively to meet its objectives.
Our feature teams deliver business outcomes, not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend microservices architecture.
The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, delivery management, reduction of tech debt and enhancement to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
Who you are:
- You are a leader– with 2 year’s experience leading a team to deliver against an agreed plan
- You love owning a project – your ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation has been proven time and time again
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious– always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
Skills and Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) Aliyun (Similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard