AU - Melbourne /
Product and Engineering – Engineering /
Who we are:
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
What you'll do:
As an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery and quality of the feature team you are leading. While you are a technically strong engineer, realistically only 20-30% of your time will be hands on the tools writing code and delivering features as majority of your time will be aligning with commercial leaders and Product/Strategy teams and ensuring the quality of the teams output is at the right level and that the team is working effectively to meet its objectives.
Our feature teams deliver business outcomes, not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend micro services architecture.
The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, delivery management, reduction of tech debt and enhancement to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
Who you are:
- You are a leader– with 2 year’s experience leading a team to deliver
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious– always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- GCP experience preferred, but AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes is great too
- Experience with operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.