Product Manager - FX
AU - Melbourne /
Product and Engineering – FX /
Who we are:
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
This role will report to the VP Product (FX) and will work closely with Engineering primarily, but also with client facing teams and support functions from the wider business to deliver innovative and seamless product to the customer set.
The role is focussed on the strategic development of our FX product to ensure the solution is highly available and scalable, meets customer needs and seamlessly integrates with the wider Airwallex product offering.
Key focus areas will be price construction & distribution, trade capture, risk management & execution, as well as the development and ongoing management of client facing features.
- Own and lead product development and enhancement for several FX product lines from analysis of market opportunities through to final development and delivery
- Collaborate with Senior Management, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Legal, Compliance and Operations on product development during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- Define KPIs to measure success of product along with post-delivery reporting to track product performance for multiple internal stakeholders
- Own the prioritized backlog of work with the development team and manage prioritization decisions along with Management and Development team members to align delivery with the Product roadmap
- Make difficult trade-offs and decisions relating to product features, cost, and schedule
Who You Are:
- You are detailed and have a technical background – in order to understand our customer (developers, product managers, SME business owners, treasury), it will be useful to have an in depth understanding of FX markets, and customer facing FX product offerings.
- You are focused on user experience – our goal is to achieve an extremely intuitive customer experience in relation to understanding our FX product offering, ease of use & integration, and seamless integration with the wider Airwallex product offering.
- You are able to effectively communicate – you will be responsible for building out the FX Product with stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions and varying customer segments. Effective communication with both Internal and External stakeholders is essential to effectively deliver solutions to market.
- You are a self-starter – driving yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above is a key skill in any fintech
Skill and Experience You Will Bring:
- 4+ years of product or business analyst experience in cross-functional teams with a track record of efficient delivery in financial markets
- Experience across FX pricing & distribution, FX risk management or FX trade capture would be highly regarded
- Strong understanding of APIs, web services and web development
- Exceptional communication abilities, primarily focusing on translating between technical and non-technical audiences
- Detail oriented and ability to stay focused on what is important to users and the business
- Capable of leading a team and getting people excited about your product vision
- Ability to identify gaps and the flexibility to manage and close them with relevant team members
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.