Engineering Manager, Business Account
US - San Francisco /
Engineering – Cards & Spend Management /
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
What you'll do:
As the first Engineering Manager in our growing San Francisco Office, you will oversee a number of feature teams across Budget and Expense Management and you will be responsible for the delivery and engineering quality of those teams.
While you are a technically strong engineer who is still passionate about writing code, your leadership skills, product thinking and business acumen are what really sets you apart.
You will be accountable for the overall quality and delivery of multiple engineering streamlines within the Budget and Expense Management team. You will be the one clearing road blockers, providing context and guidance to the teams, and will know when to escalate.
This role will work with key stakeholders across the globe, and will manage Engineers in the US to define the tech vision of the business domain.
Who you are:
- You are a leader– with 5+ year’s experience leading a high powered engineering team
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious– always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Previous people management experience (managing managers is a plus)
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- GCP experience preferred, but AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes is great too
- Experience with operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
- Flexibility to work across global timezones required
- Previous experience in FinTech a plus
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.