Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of our business.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work within a feature team to deliver business outcomes not just product features. You will guide the feature team on the infrastructural, build and deployment capabilities required to support feature delivery, using modern engineering and infrastructure automation.
You will bring to the team a level of expertise in operational platform management, developing monitoring and anomaly detection capabilities that will decrease time to discover problems an allow our teams to increase stability whilst not sacrificing agility or security.
Skills and Experience you will bring
- A strong passion for automation and repeatable processesAdvanced knowledge of AWS and or Aliyun cloud
- Advanced knowledge of components and technologies in a modern web stack including Java, Kotlin, Python.
- Good understanding of containerization including Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A fervent enthusiasm for committing "all the things" to source control
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard