Senior Java Engineer
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of our business. As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for working on a range of exciting initiatives across our international payments platform.
Within one of our feature teams you will be delivering business outcomes not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend microservices architecture. The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, reduction of tech debt and enhancements to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
Skills And Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Designing and building REST APIs
- High volume distributed systems
- Kafka event streams
- Distributed data storage systems (Cassandra, Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence or similar)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), Aliyun (similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard