Paralegal/Senior Paralegal, Regulatory Compliance & Licensing
HK - Hong Kong /
Legal, Risk & Compliance – Regulatory Compliance & Licensing /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a Paralegal/Senior Paralegal, Regulatory Compliance & Licensing, you are an essential member of the team. We look for candidates who are passionate about supporting our Legal team across a great variety of work, where no task is too big or small. They take pride in the work they do. They are attentive to detail and their ability to take initiative is what sets them apart. If you are someone that loves working in a fast paced environment and does not get stressed by keeping many balls in the air, then this role could be for you.
- Provide general support to the regulatory compliance and licensing team
- Assist in the Airwallex Group’s licensing applications, including drafting licensing related documents and updating internal stakeholders on progress of applications
- Assist the licensing and regulatory team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, including requirements under Money Service Operator license in Hong Kong, and other licenses the Airwallex Group holds globally, particularly in the APAC region
- Assist in reviewing and drafting certain legal documents, compliance manuals, policies and procedures
- Work with legal and other compliance functions on regulatory inquiries
- Document filings; maintain document database; knowledge management
- Prepare and arrange for agreement / document execution
Skills and experience
- Degree holder, preferably with a law degree
- At least 3 years of experience as corporate paralegal - preferably with law firms or financial institutions. Candidates with less working experience will be considered for Paralegal
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Able to multi-task effectively, strong organisational skills and detail-oriented
- Proactive, pleasant, team player, with strong communication skills
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.