Strategy Manager / Associate Director
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation of in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
The Strategy & Corporate Development team at Airwallex drives key initiatives including expanding our financial partner network, driving commercial outcomes, securing partnerships / M&A and setting KPIs. Unlike a typical corporate strategy function, this role is responsible not just for scoping initiatives, but also for executing them.
You will report to the CFO / Head of Strategy in China and Head of Corporate Development in Australia.
Who you are:
- You are self-motivated, thoughtful and passionate about effecting change within the organization
- You are success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- You consistently “go the extra mile” in your work
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You have the ability to synthesize and communicate insights to stakeholders and senior management
Skills and Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years in top tier investment banking, consulting or M&A
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with top grades required
- Prior experience in fintech/payments/FX preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to create and manage financial models
- Excellent written communication skills including preparing presentations
- Some domestic and international travel required