Technical Support Engineer
US - San Francisco /
Merchant Services – Technical Support /
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Here at Airwallex, we are growing fast. As a result of a significant increase in client activity, we are building a support function to ensure our clients experience a wonderful end to end onboarding. As a technical support engineer you will support clients as their solution is stood up and integrated through to on going support across when they use the platform.
Day to day you will be required to trouble shoot and problem solve complex technical issues quickly. As a payments provider our business relies on the strength of its service remaining fully operational, 24/7 - 365 days of the years. Having an understanding and ability to write technical scripts and review code will be critical to your role day to day.
Key collaboration between support, solution engineering and sales will also form a critical part of being successful in this role. These teams all communicate constantly to drive great customer outcomes, efficiently. This position is eligible for remote work, though this is not preferred, for candidates based in US Pacific or US Mountain time zones and will require coordination with counterparts in APAC. Ideally, we want this position to be based in San Francisco, with a hybrid schedule in our downtown office 3 days a week.
Who you are
- You can think on your feet and enjoy it - 2+ years experience working in a customer facing or consulting role.
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality results that meet customer needs
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people, you enjoy creating and sharing knowledge among the team.
- You are naturally curious– always asking why to better understand our customer needs.
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
- A Bachelors Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- You still like to keep your technical hands dirty either in your current role or with side projects.
- Four years of technical support or software development
- Ability to triage, diagnose and drive to resolution customer support requests
- Assisting software engineers in replicating issues customer see in production
- A focus on continuous growth
- A self-starter - able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Experienced in one of the programming languages: Python, Java, php, C# or Java Script
- Familiar with REST, JSON, HTTP, HTTPS, SQL
- Experienced in e-commerce, payment, fin-tech industry is a plus
If this role is for you, hit - APPLY NOW
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.