AU - Sydney /
SME & Growth – Sales, SME & Growth /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Join Airwallex as a Account Executive for our Payments Acceptance team, where you will be instrumental in driving growth by selling our cutting-edge payment solutions to Mid-Market clients. We're proud to already serve acclaimed Australian companies, and with your deep payment expertise and sales experience, you'll have the opportunity to acquire new Mid-Market customers. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to shape our services and deliver world-class solutions that cater to the unique needs of our Aussie clients that want to do business globally.
- Acquire new Mid-Market customers within a variety of industries, leveraging your existing network, experience, and strategic prospecting.
- Take strategic ownership of the entire sales cycle, from customer prospecting, acquisition to closing deals.
- Run outbound campaigns, utilizing state-of-the-art software like Outreach, via mail or phone in collaboration with your team and through your own initiative.
- Own and drive the entire sales cycle for both new logos and customer expansions, ensuring value-based selling and leveraging direct sales, partnerships, and strategic accounts.
- Collaborate with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Maximize revenue per lead through value-based selling and contribute to defining best practices that will serve as the foundation for the Australian sales team.
- Ensure the best customer experience and onboarding process for new customers.
- Negotiate partnership agreements and commercial contracts in collaboration with legal, finance, and strategy teams, seeing them through to execution.
- Build and manage a strong and reliable pipeline, while also contributing to defining and implementing best practices for the sales team in Australia.
What you will bring:
- You are a seller - You have experience selling sophisticated B2B API solutions specifically within the FinTech and payments industry.
- You are collaborative – You thrive working closely with various teams and customers to deliver world-class payment solutions.
- You can speak to anyone – You possess exceptional communication skills and are comfortable conversing with individuals from all walks of life, including technical experts.
- You are a team player – You will ensure seamless partnerships between our internal team and clients to support their success and foster long-term relationships.
- You simplify complexity – Your solution selling skills are second to none, and you enjoy working with unique use cases, providing a tailored approach to meet specific customer needs.
- You are a problem solver – You proactively seek creative solutions, understand new products, and ask the right questions to identify optimal solutions.
- You take responsibility for your own actions - You have a proactive approach in seeking solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
- You are success-oriented - You hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes, including achieving KPIs and revenue targets.
- You have a proven track record of carrying quota and driving solution sales.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.