Payment Product Compliance Manager
Legal and Compliance
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
Do you want to be a member of an elite compliance team operating Airwallex's compliance program? At Airwallex, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration.
As Payment Product Compliance Manager, you will report to the Head of Compliance (based in SF) and be based in Melbourne (preferred) or Shanghai. You will lead and manage all product-related compliance matters, and be responsible for developing a comprehensive compliance framework to facilitate effective compliance, oversight and governance of our products across global jurisdictions. You will need to have a problem-solving mindset and excellent communication skills to manage both internal and external stakeholders. A strong understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for payment systems and platforms is critical to succeed in this role.
You will serve as the Compliance central point of contact for the Product teams supporting products and regional compliance teams, inventing simple compliance solutions and controls to support the launch and growth of payments and other products.
The Product Compliance role works cross-functionally to create Compliance strategies that facilitate the launch and growth of Airwallex products globally in each jurisdiction (US, EU, AU, APAC, etc). These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems.
- Understand Product plans/progress/launches, work with local compliance teams to gather applicable compliance requirements, communicate requirements to Product teams and support testing and ensure requirements are successfully implemented
- Drive compliance product reviews with local and regional compliance leadership
- Support regulatory reporting needs, including ad-hoc product-related requests from regulators and auditors globally
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Operations teams for product development and enhancement to ensure smooth execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Provide recommendations and identify clear steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and concerns
- Support go-to market strategy to fulfill applicable compliance obligations for all services across all jurisdictions
- Build a tactical roadmap and set objectives that align with product launches
- Assess and communicate applicable AML and regulatory risks, costs, progress, and results to relevant internal partners in close partnership with local compliance
- You will provide guidance to product partners relating to the AML risk, development of controls and solutions for critical business processes to mitigate AML compliance risk
- Prepare and maintain periodic reports and dashboards summarizing the business and product AML risk and control environment
- Manage compliance requirements and testing to ensure controls are successfully implemented
- Gather and communicate compliance requirements for new and existing markets
Skills and experience you will bring
- 6-8 years of experience in payments, FinTech, RegTech, or financial services
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, getting results across multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical partners at all levels
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership and relationship building skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Bachelor/Master s Degree
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Forward-thinking spirit and drive
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Ability to strategize against competing priorities and identify the important problems to solve
- Strong operational knowledge in executing a sound Compliance program
- Strong knowledge in payment regulations and/or scheme rules, knowledge of areas of lending, e-commerce, and peer-to-peer payments also ideal
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Outstanding time management and interpersonal skills
- Accountability and humility
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with AML regulations globally
- Certification in compliance related area, such as CAMS
- Knowledge in core payments products and and money laundering typologies
- Comfortable in agile environment
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard