Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all size to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia Capital China, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco.
Airwallex is looking for a strong UX designer to join our Design Team in Melbourne.
You’ll partner creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers,
developers, and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers,
undertake work to understand their needs, motivations and desires, while championing
them through creative design solutions
Who you are:
- You are collaborative – you work with designers, developers and product managers to design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers’ goals and the capabilities that Airwallex products can provide for them.
- You love team work – and participate in lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, stakeholder interviews, and design workshops
- You are analytical - you analyse and synthesise the findings; distilling the inherent complexity in the user’s experiences and identify the right problems to solve
- You are user focused – with an innate ability to translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- You are master communicator – who can provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings (from paper to clickable prototypes)
- You are feedback driven– you test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wire frames, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- You care about best practices- and you work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practice
Skills and Experience You Will Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working in either UX design, Interaction Design, Product Design or a similar field
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant course work
- Financial experience preferred, but not essential
· Collaborative open office space
· PlayStation and Table Tennis for when you want to unwind
· Fully stocked kitchen (Snacks, fruits, beers, you name it!)
· Regular team building events
· Freedom to be creative
· Casual work environment
· Fast and agile team where your voice will be heard