SG - Singapore /
Operations – Risk Operations /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia’s fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognized and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
As Underwriting manager, you will conduct a holistic risk review of Merchants in the Business Seller Segment through various workflows. (including but not limited to case, phone, email). The holistic review will include a balanced approach of assessing risk and the merchant experience and proper documentation on new trends or riskiness. You will be working within a team environment to serve as a credible partner that makes sound decisions and provides guidance to team members. Working towards understanding Industry risk idiosyncrasies and providing feedback to policies makers, you will be one of key stakeholders to improve our processes and policies.
- Assess merchant’s credibility in both onboarding and monitoring workflows by verifying and analyzing merchant’s business information and financial statements.
- Risk access to onboard new and existing merchants accounts in accordance to regulatory requirements and internal controls
- Lead process improvements, monitor and execute quality checks on merchant onboarding cases
- Evaluate existing procedures by focusing on continuous optimization and automation and keep improving end to end onboarding experience
- Provide advisory and support to commercial teams related to merchants’ onboarding questions
- Lead periodic review and identify the monitoring processes according to merchant’s risk appetite
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation and audit trails of underwriting assessments, reports, methodologies, etc
- Provide feedback on data, tools, 3rd party vendors etc. for continuous ops efficiency improvement, along with on-going enhancements of policies and procedures
- SME of merchant credit risk management
- Has experience in Fintech industry
- More than +5 years experience in credit, fraud risk management domain
- Be experienced in financial statement analysis
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be highly curious and thoughtful - a proactive self-starter with a sense of urgency and bias for action, under a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable with complex data and analytics to draw meaningful insights
- Salesforce, internet research & database tools. SQL is a plus, but not essential.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.