Senior Data Engineer
SG - Singapore /
Engineering – Data Platform /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
At Airwallex, you will work closely with a group of talented engineers with a passion for learning through solving the most challenging problems with cutting-edge technology.
In this Data Platform Engineering role, you will be building real-time systems to handle data at a massive scale. And you will be building robust data modeling to produce high-quality, consistent, structured data for running business applications and enabling less tech-savvy colleagues to do self-service analytics. In short, you will make Airwallex to be a truly data-driven organization.
We are looking for talented senior Data Platform Engineers excited about redefining what it means to do Data Engineering. However, we also recognize that each Data Platform Engineer has a unique blend of skills. Whether your strength is in data modeling or in stream processing, we want to talk to you.
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance distributed data processing systems (batch/ streaming) to drive Airwallex business growth and improve the product experience.
- Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices toward building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable.
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a data engineer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS/CE/CIS, (or equivalent experience) with knowledge of Kotlin / Java / Scala / Python / SQL. Knowledge of Spring Boot, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, BigQuery, and Snowflake is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership of designing, building, and operating distributed systems and establishing overarching data architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Real-time/Batch processing systems.
- Experience with working data at PB scale.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.