AU - Melbourne
Support Functions – Compliance
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
At Airwallex, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration. Partner with internal teams to design, develop, implement, execute, and monitor screening and monitoring rules detecting and mitigating AML risks. The role supports regulatory obligations and is an opportunity to innovate.
This position is the Money Laundering Reporting Officer as required under the AML/CTF Act.
- Developing the compliance framework for the business, including compliance policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Reviewing emerging regulatory and compliance requirements (such as KYC, AML, CTF) on a regular basis.
- Pro-actively identifying and communicating deficiencies or gaps with regulatory compliance; providing guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action.
- Managing the daily operation and monitoring of AML/compliance programs.
- Developing and maintaining the compliance obligations register across companies under the Group.
- Assisting in drafting AML policies and procedures in jurisdictions where the organisation intends to apply for a financial service license.
- Transaction reporting: filing annual compliance reports, suspicious transaction reports, and others as needed to regulators.
- Have gained at least 6 years' experience in a financial service (preferably remittance and/or payments) legal or regulatory environment;
- Have compliance advisory experience and the ability to take a pragmatic, commercial approach to risk and compliance whilst achieving desired business outcomes;
- Strong leadership, decision making, relationship and project management skills;
- Analytical skills; excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to work independently, determine priorities and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of money laundering compliance requirements for money services businesses;
- Hands-on experience in implementing and testing automated monitoring, filtering and database systems;
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.