Senior Manager, Financial Partnerships, Latin America
BZ - Sao Paulo /
Financial Partnerships – Financial Partnerships /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're looking for a Financial Partnerships Manager to manage and grow our strategic relationships with banks and payments networks at Airwallex in Latin America with a particular focus on Brazil.
The ideal candidate is a payments industry expert, a self-starter, can work independently, and can both manage existing partners and develop relationships with new partners. The ability to work cross functionally with different internal teams is equally important for the role. Experience working with or knowledge of the operations of the global payment networks (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) and banking partners on payment acceptance or card issuing is a plus.
- Manage, lead, and develop relationships with strategic banking and card network partners to support Airwallex’s overall business as an end-to-end payments platform
- Oversee strategically important partnership opportunities, both existing and new, and act as the main point of contact between Airwallex and those partners
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure that new products are relevant to our customers and determine which financial institution partners are best positioned to support those products and services
- Coordinate due diligence processes with prospective partners and project-manage internal stakeholders through commercial and legal negotiations and on-boarding with new partners
- Establish relationships with key banks and financial institution partners in Latin America
- You are an exceptional communicator – able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- You have the foundation to develop strong negotiation skills – and to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome for Airwallex
- You are a team player - able to work cohesively with colleagues from across the organization and across the globe
- You are ambitious - and are excited to grow with Airwallex as we expand in many different areas across geographies and product lines
- A minimum of 8 of experience, with at least 5 years working within and/or partnering with financial institutions
- Understanding of compliance, bank on-boarding processes, card payment schemes
- Experience working with financial institutions in Latin America. Direct experience in Mexico and Brazil is very important. Experience in additional countries across the regions is a strong differentiator
- A track record of working with technology-led businesses in a dynamic, fast paced environment strongly preferred
- Spanish and Portuguese speaking and writing fluency
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.