Toronto, Ontario /
Airzai is a smart product in the home fragrance space currently in stealth mode. The product is a game-changer as connected devices continue to disrupt every nook of the home. If you appreciate style and high-end aesthetics, we have some good news for you! Here is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we continue to build our world class team.
We’ve been working on the product for 2 years and it is set to launch and create a new trend in 2020. Fred Bould (Designer of Nest products, Roku, GoPro) has designed the product & equally talented folks are leading the product development efforts. We’re committed to bringing on board individuals that are driven on making Airzai a success while working alongside our team.
We recently closed a round of funding and are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for all financial matters. The Controller will be required to provide financial reporting to the management team on a monthly and quarterly basis including investment advising, efficiency improvements, cost savings, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain accountability for accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of all processes related to a consumer product company that includes inventory management, including review and administration of vendor agreements, accounting policies and memos, cost accounting, month-end close, significant estimates and reserves, balance sheet reconciliations, etc
- Execute timely compliance reporting, including tax filings, lender reporting, board reporting and audited financial statement issuance
- Financial Cost and cashflow forecasting (FP&A)
- Lead month-end closing processes and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements
- Lead the external audit process, including liaising with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Execution of timely and accurate financial planning and reporting, including analysis of performance and variance, budgeting and forecasting focusing, and order-to-cash processes.
- Supervise customer contract review and billing
- Develop and administer tax planning strategies and SR&ED
- CPA, CA and/or strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with domestic and international accounting
- Familiarity with international e-comm order fulfillment, US tax nexus, customs and trade regulatory compliance
- Experience in sourcing and contract manufacturing in Asia and global freight process and modes
- Proven ability to consult across the company and to interact at all levels
- 8+ years of experience working in complex and fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer product industry in a financial reporting or full cycle accounting role