Airzai is a smart product in the home fragrance space currently in stealth mode. The product is a game-changer as connected devices continue to disrupt every nook of the home. If you appreciate style and high-end aesthetics, we have some good news for you! Here is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we continue to build our world class team.
We’ve been working on the product for 2 years and it is set to launch and create a new trend in 2019. Fred Bould (Designer of Nest products, Roku, GoPro) has designed the product & equally talented folks are leading the product development efforts. We’re committed to bringing on board individuals that are driven on making Airzai a success while working alongside our team.
We recently closed a round of funding and are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for all financial matters. The Controller will be required to provide financial reporting to the management team on a monthly and quarterly basis including investment advising, efficiency improvements, cost savings, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain accountability for accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of all processes related to a consumer hardware company that includes inventory management, including review of agreements, accounting policies and memos, cost accounting, month-end close, significant estimates and reserves, balance sheet reconciliations, etc
- Execute timely compliance reporting, including tax filings, lender reporting, board reporting and audited financial statement issuance
- Financial Cost and cashflow forecasting (FP&A)
- Lead month-end closing processes and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements
- Lead the external audit process, including liaising with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Execution of timely and accurate financial reports, including analysis of performance and variance
- Supervise customer contract review and billing
- Develop and administer tax planning strategies and SR&ED
- CPA, CA and/or strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with domestic and international accounting
- Proven ability to consult across the company and to interact at all levels
- 8+ years of experience working in complex and fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer hardware industry in a financial reporting or full cycle accounting role
- Fantastic opportunity to become a key member in helping shape the strategic direction of the company
- Competitive salary & vacation time
- Work in a modern, newly built office, in the heart of downtown, with subway access from lobby
- Access to the gym, sauna and tons of other amenities located on the top floor of the building (opening 2020)