Senior Graphic Designer (Print & Digital)
Airzai is a smart product in the home fragrance space currently in stealth mode. The product is a game-changer as connected devices continue to disrupt every nook of the home. If you appreciate style, and high-end quality aesthetics, we have some good news for you! Here is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we continue to build our world class team.
We’ve been working on the product for two years and it is set to launch and create a new trend in 2019. Fred Bould (Designer of Nest products, Roku, GoPro) has designed the product & equally talented folks are leading the product development efforts. We’re committed to bringing on board individuals that are driven on making Airzai a success while working alongside our team.
We are currently looking for a Senior Graphic Designer (Print & Digital) to join our growing team. The manager will work within will work within a collaborative environment to perform one or more of the following duties listed below. This role reports into the Director of Marketing.
Our ideal candidate has 6+ years of experience and have the skills required to take an idea from concept through production to post-production. The position will report to the Marketing Director within a collaborative team.
We need someone who has experience across a variety of mediums, including (but not limited to) print, email, web, social and digital. The perfect candidate is someone not afraid to jump in when needed and gets excited about the opportunity to entrench themselves in their work.
This is a fast-paced environment and requires someone who is able to prioritize, work on multiple projects at a time when required, understands deadlines and can pivot quickly
Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio website or attach a pdf with recent examples of their work.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Generate strong creative ideas and concepts for various brand campaigns, events and experiences (through decks, presentations and proposals)
- Report to and work closely with the Marketing Director and the management teams to create strong communication pieces
- Understands brand, brand standards and how to apply across all mediums
- Maintains a very organized workflow and complete assignments quickly and efficiently
- Is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and embodies an all-around passion for creative
- Design ideas, storyboards, social assets and other visual assets in order to clearly articulate a conceptual direction.
- Manage and prioritize design projects to meet deadlines, and effectively communicate project status. Coordinate print projects with vendors.
- Marketing collateral includes product marketing materials, key initiatives marketing materials, web pages, email templates, print assets, booklets, advertisements, catalogues, and corporate documents and templates.
- Research and provide recommendations based on best practices and industry and consumer trends
- College or University degree in Graphic Design
- 6-8 years of experience in the Graphic Design/Art Direction
- Experience in consumer goods and direct to consumer industry is preferred
- Excellent creative and visual conceptualization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively pitch and present ideas
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic and a team player, with positive attitude and high energy level
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design (print and digital): layout, typography, colour theory and production processes
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of all design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) in a MAC environment
- Fantastic opportunity to become a key member in helping shape the strategic direction of the company
- Competitive salary & vacation time
- Work in a modern, newly built office, in the heart of downtown, with subway access from lobby
- Access to the gym, sauna and tons of other amenities located on the top floor of the building. (opening 2020)