Food Service Supervisor
Food Services & Hospitality /
The Food Service Supervisor performs and directs overall restaurant management. The ideal candidate is an energetic leader who displays operational excellence in every area, as well as trains employees. S/he will be responsible for inventory, ordering, and money control systems and will be the point person for marketing initiatives. Also, s/he sets the tone stays calm under pressure, inspires a customer-oriented team, and creates a culture of respect and collaboration. As a supervisor. S/he must be flexible to do all kinds of shifts and willing to migrate to Canada.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Communicates changes in food preparation formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained, and company safety and security policies are followed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual. Analyzes business records to increase sales.
- Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
- Able to prepare or assemble required ingredients for preparing standard receipts. These may include a portion of beef, pork, fish, and poultry.
- Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
- Plans special events and promotions.
- Organize stock and equipment, order supplies, and oversee office maintenance, cleanliness, and security
- Plan and work on budgets, maximize profits and achieve sales targets
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Recruit new team members, train and develop existing staff on sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
- Maintaining orderly records. Record sales and wage costs on an hourly basis. Record stock usage and waste. Record maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained
- Handle customer complaints and queries
- Implement branded promotional and sales campaigns or devise your own promotional campaigns
- Prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation
- Undertake activities that comply with the company's corporate social responsibility programs.
- Preparing work schedules to meet our labor cost goals and problem solve short notice staff changes.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Can comfortably work in a variety of physical needs (Sitting, standing for extended periods of time, walking, lifting, bending, crouching, kneeling)
- Pays attention to detail and is not afraid to coach on sanitation and safety procedures
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to deliver an exceptional guest experience while promoting the team to do the same
- Ability to supervise - between 5 - 7 staff at a time throughout various areas of the restaurant
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Senior High School graduate or equivalent (10+2)
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management, or related discipline or several years of experience in food preparation or service
- Preferably 3 years of Food Services management experience or comparable experience
- Willing to migrate and work in Canada
- Job Type: Full-time