The Automotive Service Technician works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment. Key responsibilities will include Engine repair, Electrical and electronic system, Diagnostics, Brake system, Fuel and emission system, Ignition and electrical system, Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, Engine repair and overhaul. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Automotive Service Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation. The ideal candidate must be willing to work in Canada.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide excellent quality service for all mechanical and electrical repairs
- Must have a high level of communication skills
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Test and adjust repaired systems to the manufacturer's specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Extensive electrical diagnosis experience
- Proficient with diesel and hybrid engines
- Experience with warranty claims and operation code usage
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid driver's license for the province of employment.
- Must have initiative, drive, and an attitude to achieve service targets while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Experience in a similar role is considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and inspire their confidence and trust.
- Results-oriented individual who completes tasks according to instructions and demonstrates responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment that helps and supports co-workers to achieve common goals
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience working
- Electrical or mechanical degree
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required
- Willing to work to Canada