Supply Chain Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
a.k.a. Brands – Operations /
We are a lean, nimble, and highly adaptive team that works seamlessly and transparently with our Brands in order for them to take the spotlight. We focus our efforts and talents to drive best practices, capture new opportunities, and accelerate performance across our portfolio of brands. Joining the a.k.a. Brands team means rolling up your sleeves, digging into challenges, creating and implementing new strategies, and not being limited to the confines of a job title or job description. We all play on the same team and value the insights and contributions that every member of our team makes daily.
Working directly with the Director of Supply Chain, our Supply Chain Analyst will leverage analytics to formulate actionable insights that drive supply chain efficiencies and increase profitability. In this role, you will be an integral member of the operations team by providing analytical insights, facilitating data-driven decision making, and executing on a variety of cross functional initiatives.
The Supply Chain Analyst will be accountable for using their expert knowledge of the supply chain to resolve problems, avoid costly delays, and extracting actionable items and insight from data.
Candidates can be based in Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, or Arkansas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects, interprets, and analyzes various types of data, logistics processes and procedures to identify opportunities and improvements in supply chain costs, and recommend changes to maximize profit.
- Monitors supply chain operations processes and performance through data and KPI’s to maintain costs and create reports in various platforms such as BI, Excel, and SQL.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and forecasting tools and ability to develop actionable insights from data.
- Prepares periodic cost reconciliation reports tracking data such as changing labor and supply costs.
- Conducts market research as needed to recommend changes to pricing or business models.
- Provides financial analysis and reports of expenses, includes breakdowns of project costs, forecasts of remaining expenses, and opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Enhance direct-to-customer service delivery, in partnership with procurement, logistics, and IT.
- Prepare audit reports and present findings to management.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
Education & Experience:
- 2 or more years’ experience as a supply chain analyst or strategic ops experience in an e-com and/or fulfillment environment.
- Bachelor’s degree – preference in supply chain management, logistics, business management or directly related work experience can be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Proven experience of inventory management.
- Experience in working with 3PL and shipping SLAs and KPIs. Up to date in the ever-evolving world of fulfillment and logistics (new carriers, methods, expense reduction opportunities, etc.).
- Experience working in the consumer products industry is highly preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Excel, MS Office Suite, PowerBI, SQL skills with experience of eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, WMS, ERP preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytical background.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build and improve trusting relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
a.k.a. Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. To facilitate this, we actively promote a culture of inclusivity internally and encourage both those with non-traditional backgrounds and candidates that identity as part of a traditionally marginalized community to apply for opportunities with us and our portfolio of brands. Additionally, we routinely review our hiring practices and recruiting sources to eliminate both potential and actual bias in the hiring process.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at HR@aka-brands.com. Please note that we do not respond to application inquiries or resume submissions via this email address.
#akaBrands #akaBrandsCareers #akaYourCareer
Principals Only. No Agencies Please.