Senior Software Engineer, Core Platform
Remote - United States /
Engineering – Core Platform Engineering /
Our mission is to enable human health.
AKASA is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. Founded in 2019, AKASA has raised $85M in funding and has grown to more than 200 employees.
Our founding team includes Silicon Valley leaders who have founded or been founding team members of multiple companies with successful exits. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, and Costanoa Ventures, among others. Recognized in 2021 among Top 150 “Most Innovative Digital Health Startups” by CB Insights, Top 75 “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare, Certified as a “Great Place to Work” two years in a row, and ranked #34 of Top 100 Healthcare Companies in 2021 by The Healthcare Technology Report. Learn more at www.AKASA.com.
We are building the future of healthcare with AI. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
As a remote Senior Software Engineer on our Core Platform team, you’ll report to the Director of Engineering and will build the next generation platform for rapid integrations with our customers.
What You'll Do
- Architect a platform for integrating with hospital systems
- Integrate with our CI/CD infrastructure to rapidly deploy your work
- Design the most creative approaches to work with customer software systems
- Develop reliable, robotic process automation backed by machine learning
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and APIs for data exchange in healthcare
- Build core infrastructure for service-to-service communication and data security
- Create the next generation of our web platform for our team of healthcare experts
- Build scalable frameworks and infrastructure to support a series of new products
- Develop reliable pipelines that integrate data processing, human components, and tools
- Raise our engineering bar by sharing your expertise and best practices with the team
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with Python
- Can explain complex technical concepts and sharing your knowledge with diverse audiences
- High technical bar and understanding of good coding practices
- Efficient and can improve the codebase above and beyond what's asked for
- Excited to mentor the next generation of AKASA engineers
Nice to have
- Experience with Web-based platforms, micro-services, Computer Vision, ETL pipelines, machine learning, AWS, and/or infrastructure
- System design experience
What We Offer
- Work with an experienced team consisting of serial entrepreneurs, AI/ML experts and healthcare industry leaders
- A remote-first, collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Great compensation and equity
- Generous coverage for health, dental and vision insurance
- Full employer coverage for life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Free membership to One Medical (Concierge Clinic) for you and your family (if you are in a region covered by One Medical)
- Flexible schedules and Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays and bonus "Wellness Days"
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.