Software Engineering Intern/Computer Vision - Canada
Internships – Engineering /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
PLEASE NOTE: when applying for an internship role, please be sure the use the "Resume" upload field to not only upload your resume but to also upload your transcripts, or any other documents necessary.
Software/computer vision interns will be fully integrated in our software development cycles and contribute to the design, development, testing and documentation of new features for our ClearSight Deep Imaging System. This could be a great opportunity to explore an exciting field with experienced mentors and build impactful vision technology.
Akasha interns enjoy many of the perks of researchers - a potential to publish (previous interns submitted to CVPR), patent, and give talks openly on their work.
- You will implement algorithms for machine learning and computational imaging.
- You will review and understand research literature
- In collaboration with the engineering tam, you will design and execute experiments.
- You will collect and analyze data.
- You will develop and write code that will be used for demos and papers as well as our main product.
- Enrolled in/Graduated from a university (BSc, MSc or PhD) programme in robotics, mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or similar field.
- Knowledge of or interest in understanding the fundamentals of machine learning and computer vision.
- Strong programming skills in Python/C++.
- Experience with one or more of: Deep learning, Pytorch, MATLAB, ROS2, Docker, AWS, GPGPU computing, embedded systems, camera drivers and calibration, is considered a plus.
- Willingness to apply good software engineering practices.
- Strong critical thinking abilities.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly.
- Existing publications/products/previous experience are a plus.
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.