Senior Optical Systems Designer
Palo Alto/Toronto/Zurich /
Engineering – Camera /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
As Akasha's Optical Systems Design Engineer, you will collaborate with our team of
computer vision experts to define and validate optics-related system and architecture
aspects, translate into solid opto-mechanical specifications and optical designs, and
ensure their manufacturability.
- You will generate optical (benchmark) designs for different specifications, also taking into account realistic tolerance budgets, yield modeling and screening limit estimation.
- You need to specify and document optical requirements, implementation plans and results.
- You will be instrumental in guiding our external optics manufacturing and camera module integration partners.
- Additionally, you will help with the optical characterization of lens- and or camera modules to close the loop to the lens design process.
- 5+ years experience in developing miniaturized optical systems particularly for imaging applications.
- Strongly skilled in Zemax, Code V and/or other optical design programs, MC-tolerancing, straylight analysis, Matlab.
- Experience with high volume, mass production of optical components for camera modules for industrial imaging and preferably related camera module integration technologies.
- Familiarity with the optical characterization of lens- and camera modules.
- A background in lens design for optical injection molding of aspherical lenses but also for use of spherical glass lenses ???as well as wafer level optics technology??? is a plus.
- Experience in managing suppliers and contractors.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on specification writing, development planning and results analysis/reporting.
- PhD/MS Physics, Optical Engineering or equivalent
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.