Senior System Software Engineer
Palo Alto/Toronto/Zurich /
Engineering – Systems /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
- As a member of the systems engineering team, you will develop software for Akasha’s imaging systems that consists of cameras, GPU accelerated embedded computers, and interfaces to robots.
- You will partner and collaborate with machine learning, imaging, and embedded software engineers to build and test such systems.
- You will build products that are performant, robust, maintainable and extendable.
- Proven expertise is complex software systems with real-time requirements.
- Proven expertise in working with systems that consist of both hardware and software components.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer for complex embedded or distributed systems.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Proficiency in Python a plus.
- Knowledge of cameras, device drivers, and machine learning are pluses.
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.