Senior System Software Engineer
Palo Alto/Waterloo/Remote /
Engineering – Systems /
Akasha Imaging is leveraging advances in imaging and deep learning to create computer vision systems that can robustly handle optically challenging materials with unmatched accuracy. Our vision systems are being developed for use in the factories of leading manufacturers of the world. Join us in developing the most advanced vision systems and make computer vision ubiquitous.
- As a member of the systems engineering team, you will develop software for Akasha’s imaging systems that consists of cameras, GPU accelerated embedded computers, and interfaces to robots.
- You will partner and collaborate with machine learning, imaging, and embedded software engineers to build and test such systems.
- You will build products that are performant, robust, maintainable and extendable.
- Proven expertise is complex software systems with real-time requirements.
- Proven expertise in working with systems that consist of both hardware and software components.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer for complex embedded or distributed systems.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Proficiency in Python a plus.
- Knowledge of cameras, device drivers, and machine learning are pluses.
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.