Senior Test and Validation Engineer
Palo Alto/Toronto/Zurich /
Engineering – Systems /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
Akasha Imaging is looking for a Senior Test and Validation Engineer who will ensure that only the highest quality product is shipped to customers. You will be working with cameras, computer vision software, and robotic systems and assessing the quality of the solutions developed by the engineering team.
- As Akasha's Test & Validation Engineer, you will produce a test plan for the system, carefully determining what can be automated and what has to be done manually.
- You will align the test plan with software release cycles.
- You will need to write automation scripts where needed.
- Where needed, you will conduct manual tests.
- As part of this role, you will produce detailed testing reports and determine the suitability of software for release.
- 5+ years of experience with quality assurance and testing of complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to write test scripts in a language like Python or C++
- Must be highly organized and methodical
- Ability to clearly communicate issues discovered and ways to reproduce them
- Familiarity with agile software development practices and defect tracking systems such as Jira
- Familiarity with Hardware-in-Loop testing
- Previous experience with cameras and computer vision is a plus, but is not required
- Previous experience with robots and ROS is a plus, but is not required
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.