Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Palo Alto/Toronto/Zurich /
Engineering – Camera /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
As Akasha's Opto-Mechanical Engineer, you develop demonstrator and prototype optical breadboards for our internal imaging and illumination experiments based on the requirements of our optical systems designers and computer vision experts.
- You will design the opto-mechanical systems, procure necessary components working with catalog/online-vendors (Thorlabs et al.) but also supply chains partly to be developed for items that need to be customized and build up and characterize the systems.
- You will also be working with higher-volume camera module supply chains in the design of these systems for production.
- Additionally, you need to specify and document optomechanical requirements, implementation plans and results.
- 5+ years of experience in opto-mechanical design of and lab-work with demonstrator and prototype breadboards for complex optical solutions.
- Understanding of imaging system alignment and characterization strategies.
- Some background in camera module integration desired.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD-software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks etc.History of working close with industrial camera module integrators and ramping camera products beneficial.
- Familiarity with the optical, electrical, mechanical and environmental testing of industrial camera modules is a plus.
- Experience in managing suppliers and contractors.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on writing specifications, development planning and results analysis/reporting.
- MS in EE, ME, Material Science, Optical Engineering or equivalent
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.