Senior Camera Software Engineer
Palo Alto/Waterloo/Remote /
Engineering – Systems /
Akasha Imaging is leveraging advances in imaging and deep learning to create computer vision systems that can robustly handle optically challenging materials with unmatched accuracy. Our vision systems are being developed for use in the factories of leading manufacturers of the world. Join us in developing the most advanced vision systems and make computer vision ubiquitous.
- As member of the systems engineering team, you will be responsible for camera firmware bringup (I2C controls, camera initialization)
- You will drive the camera image processing (ISP) pipeline development and optimization (programming ISPs).
- You will design and develop camera auto-exposure control algorithms (programming microcontrollers like the Movidius Myriad X).
- You will be responsible for sensor and optics calibration (noise levels, black levels, vignetting correction, polarization signal correction for field height dependency).
- You will ensure that the camera interfaces to rest of Akasha’s computing environment.
- 10+ years experience with imagers and ISP tuningExcellent C/C++ coding skills.
- Experience shipping production quality camera software, for example, AEGC/AWB algorithms.
- Proven, deep experience in sensor and optics calibration.
- Experience working for an imaging company (OnSemi, Omnivision, Sony) a plus
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.