Senior Computer Vision Research Engineer
Palo Alto/Toronto/Zurich /
Engineering – Machine Learning /
We are an early stage startup headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Toronto and Zurich. We were founded by a team of experts in imaging and veterans in the Silicon Valley startup ecosystem. We are revolutionizing manufacturing automation and are looking for people passionate about sensing and robotics to join in and help us build state of the art vision technologies for integration with robotic systems.
Computer vision is an integral part of providing a vision system for robots and autonomous vehicles. In
addition, they can serve as the core component of many other exciting technologies such as security and
surveillance, AR/VR, mobile, and medical to name a few. The ability to create an understanding of the 3D
world around us leads to an improved ability of the device to interact meaningfully with their environments.
We are looking for talented Computer Vision Engineers who are interested in developing sensing
technologies that combine with deep learning to enhance applications capabilities and providing entirely
new experiences. Our team is focused on developing algorithms to enable the capture, processing, and
display of 3D content using state-of-the-art imaging pipelines.
We are looking for people passionate about sensing to join in and help us build top class vision systems.
As part of this effort, you will be working with a small team of committed researchers and engineers in
computer vision and AI to build the next generation vision platform and develop, implement and validate
CV algorithms on real-world data.
- As a computer vision engineer, you will design and implement vision algorithms combined with deep learning for enabling new vision applications.
- You will test, debug and optimization to generate robust and efficient vision algorithms.
- You will collaborate and work with multi-discipline engineering team on HW/SW integration.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering or related disciplines and minimum 1~3 years of software engineering experiences in building robotic vision systems
- Deep knowledge in computer vision, 3D geometry and/or image processing
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Familiar with Computer Vision libraries like OpenCV, Ceres etc.
- Experience with implementing computer vision and image processing algorithms
- Ability to analyze and optimize the algorithms to meet real time requirement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with vision systems preferred.
- Experience with real time OS prefered.
Akasha Imaging is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We provide competitive salary and equity, medical, dental, vision, and AD&D and life insurance, 401(k) plan, a flexible vacation policy and company holidays, and healthy meals and snacks.