Software Engineer - Product
Remote (US) /
Engineering – Apps /
Akido is a Series A funded, Y combinator backed company helping major healthcare, government and other non-profit institutions maximize social impact and effectively manage their most vulnerable populations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and just world by enabling the free flow of information through connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. The initiatives that we have supported include building a nation-wide public health disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior change at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness and racial injustice in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright, passionate and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact within the communities we serve.
Engineering @ Akido
As a core contributor on the Akido Engineering team, you will be involved in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients. The majority of your time will be focused on coding, but you will work with the product team to create and design systems for our clients. Your domain expertise and computer science instincts will help to solve a range of problems facing individual modules and multi-system integrations.
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products for our healthcare and government customers
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- Actively contribute to building Engineering @ Akido by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, and ensuring high quality of our codebases.
- 6+ years of programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications or similar experience
- 4+ years experience building applications using Node.js, React, and React Native
- Experience with Ruby a plus, but not required
We look forward to hearing from you!