Head of Product Management
Remote (US) /
Product – Product Management /
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2021 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
What Product Management at Akido is Like
Our product managers' creativity, versatility, and passion plays a central role in our company's strong growth year after year. Each of our product managers actively molds the vision of the Akido Platform and constantly collaborates with colleagues to build and maintain a holistic product strategy. We measure our performance by the impact that our products have on care providers and the populations they serve. We are succeeding when people experiencing homelessness get housed faster, when diabetic patients' A1C levels drop, and when case managers respond to their clients' acute needs in real-time.
One of the biggest challenges that PMs face comes by virtue of the wicked problems we're solving. To drive positive results, PMs must use their high analytical capacity to become the resident experts with the strongest fundamental understandings of the problem space at Akido. This requires our product managers to think beyond the screen to design a product that considers complex societal factors, peoples’ behavioral tendencies, and the nuances of healthcare change management.
We take pride in the delightful experiences we craft for our users and get even more joy from their appreciation. Akido PMs genuinely care about overcoming the challenges that our county’s most vulnerable populations face, and are driven to see them live happy and healthy lives.
The Head of Product Management is the lieutenant to our Chief Product Officer and founder. Their role is critical to the success of the whole organization as demonstrated by the key responsibilities below:
Head of Product Management's Key Responsibilities
- Drive the vision of the Akido Platform with the CPO
- Build the roadmap for the Akido Platform in tandem with Product Manager reports
- Recruit and mentor a high-performing product team
- Improve our product management departments processes and infrastructure
- Work closely with engineering team leadership to achieve the vision
- Grow status as a product thought leader in technology enabled care delivery
- Occasionally, take on high-complexity projects as an individual contributor
This Position is Right for You If...
- You have 8+ years of product management experience
- Of those 8+ years, you have > 1 year of experience in a Group PM or a position with equivalent seniority role (bonus points if you're a Director or Head of Product)
- Of those 8+ years, you have spent > 3 years building products for enterprise customers and users, preferably in the private or public health space
- Of those 8+ years, you have > 2 years of experience managing 3 or more reports, including product managers.
- You’re motivated to improve the lives of underserved people
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options
Akido is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.