Akido is a Y combinator backed company empowering the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become more modern, data-driven organizations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and prosperous world by enabling the free flow of information by connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. We have enabled deployments in supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Working at Akido
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We care deeply about the work we do, and about how that work furthers our vision of a world in which data can be leveraged into effective action. We learn from each other, everyone’s opinion is valued, and we enjoy a dynamic, collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
Akido Product Managers (PMs) are tackling our society's toughest problems by designing and implementing end-to-end solutions to The Akido Product Team designs, builds and implements end-to-end solutions in high impact environments. Akido PMs are uniquely positioned at the center of it all: oftentimes the most visible with our partners, collaborating directly with engineering and providing sensitive strategic intel to the business development team. Much of the entrepreneurial spirit at Akido stems from the PMs' creativity, versatility and motivation, which we rely on to drive the success and growth of our key strategic engagements.
Product Mangers' day-to-day
- Work directly with customers to uncover challenges they face in their work through design thinking methodologies
- Build strategies to deliver more value to our partners based on direct customer feedback and market insights
- Turn end-user feedback into product requirements, collaborating with our team of talented designers and engineers.
- Hone your analytical skills by turning large proprietary data sets into discrete insights that inform product design decisions and customer initiatives.
- Care deeply about people and problems and build lasting relationships with customers
- Work directly with senior executives at hospitals and government agencies to implement technology solutions in an agile manner
What we are looking for in candidates
- Client facing experience in the form of sales, consulting, or business development
- More than 2 years of product management experience at a software company
Perks and Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Commuter benefits
- Stock options
- Free snacks & drinks
Akido is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you!