Sr. Software Engineer - Product
Los Angeles /
Engineering – Apps Engineering /
Akido is a Series A funded, Y combinator backed company helping major healthcare, government and other non-profit institutions maximize social impact and effectively manage their most vulnerable populations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and just world by enabling the free flow of information through connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. The initiatives that we have supported include building a nation-wide public health disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior change at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness and racial injustice in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright, passionate and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact within the communities we serve.
Note: there are multiple positions open for this role, focused on solutions for customers in healthcare or government verticals. When applying, please note whether you have a preference or any particular prior experience in either domain.
Applications Engineering @ Akido
As a senior individual contributor on the Akido Applications Engineering team, you will be involved, often in a leadership role, in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients. The majority of your time will be focused on new feature design and development, as well as architecture and optimization, but you'll also be expected to lead your peers by example and mentor more junior engineers joining the team. Your domain expertise and computer science instincts will help to solve a range of problems facing individual modules and multi-system integrations, and your skill in schema design and query optimization will help ensure our products continue to make an impact at scale.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications or similar experience
- 4+ years experience building applications using Node.js, React, and React Native
- Significant experience with SQL/NoSQL schema design and query optimization
- (Optional) Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products for our healthcare and government customers
- Collaborate with DevOps and Platform teams to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- As a senior individual contributor, take a leading role to build and improve Engineering @ Akido, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.
We look forward to hearing from you!