Group Product Manager
Los Angeles /
Product – Product Management /
Akido is a Series A funded, Y combinator backed company helping major healthcare, government and other non-profit institutions maximize social impact and effectively manage their most vulnerable populations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and just world by enabling the free flow of information through connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. The initiatives that we have supported include building a nation-wide public health disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior change at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness and racial injustice in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright, passionate and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact within the communities we serve.
Working at Akido
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We learn from each other, value each other’s opinion, and enjoy a collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
What Product Management at Akido is like
Akido Product Managers lead the strategy and development of our products deployed in public health, health system and public service settings. Akido Product Managers (PMs) are uniquely positioned at the center of it all: frequent interaction with our customers and end users, collaborating directly with engineering and shaping the narrative of successful deployment of Akido technology. Much of the entrepreneurial spirit at Akido stems from the PM’s creativity, versatility and motivation, which we rely on to drive the success and growth of our key strategic engagements. Our PMs deep knowledge of our end users, and often those they serve in vulnerable communities, is what allows us to make an impact with the products we build and insights that we uncover.
Group Product Managers’ day-to-day
- Own end to end product management responsibilities for the products that power our most complex programs and highest stakes customers.
- Manage, coach and enable a team of 2-3 product managers to achieve objectives set between you and the executive team.
- Build strategies to scale each of our products in a wholistic and elegant way that meets the needs of the many customers.
- Work directly with our customers to uncover challenges they face in their work through different problem-solving methodologies.
- Use your analytical skills to turn large proprietary data sets into discrete insights that inform product design decisions and strategy for our customers.
- Own and manage the P&L of the Product Management team at Akido with consultation from executives.
- Work with other Akido team members to drive the success of the program your product is being deployed to using your product marketing and user empathy skills.
This position is right for you if...
- You have more than 5 years of software product management experience.
- You have shipped brand new products as well as complex features on established products.
- You have more than 2 years product management experience building products in sensitive and complex environments (e.g. healthcare, government or public health).
- You have more than 1 year of experience leading a team of product managers (not necessarily as a manager)
- You have a passion for serving vulnerable populations as demonstrated by professional or volunteer experience
- You enjoy interacting with customers and end users
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks & drinks
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Commuter benefits
Akido is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you!