Los Angeles /
Akido is a Y combinator backed company empowering the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become more modern, data-driven organizations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and prosperous world by enabling the free flow of information by connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. We have enabled deployments in supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Working at Akido
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We learn from each other, value each other’s opinion, and enjoy a collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
What Product Management at Akido is like
Akido Product Managers lead the strategy and development for products used in public health, health system and public service settings. Akido Product Managers (PMs) are uniquely positioned at the center of it all: frequent interaction with our customers, collaborating directly with engineering and shaping the narrative of successful deployment of Akido technology. Much of the entrepreneurial spirit at Akido stems from the PM’s creativity, versatility and motivation, which we rely on to drive the success and growth of our key strategic engagements.
Product Managers’ day-to-day:
- Work directly with customers to uncover challenges they face in their work through design thinking methodologies.
- Build strategies to scale each of our products in an elegant way that meets the needs of the many customers.
- Turn end-user feedback into product requirements, collaborating with our team of talented designers and engineers.
- Use your analytical skills to turn large proprietary data sets into discrete insights that inform product design decisions and strategy for our customers
- Work with other Akido team members to drive the success of the program your product is being deployed to using your product marketing and user empathy skills.
- Be the main interface for our engineers to understand the product specs on a granular level, but also the larger impact that it’s making.
This position is right for you if...
- You have more than 3 years of product management experience at a software company.
- You are comfortable and enjoy interacting with customers and end users.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks & drinks
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Stock options
Akido is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you!