Lead Solutions Architect
Remote (US) /
Engineering – Platform /
Akido is a Series A funded, Y combinator backed company helping major healthcare, government and other non-profit institutions maximize social impact and effectively manage their most vulnerable populations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and just world by enabling the free flow of information through connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. The initiatives that we have supported include building a nation-wide public health disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior change at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness and racial injustice in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright, passionate and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact within the communities we serve.
- Serve as a cross-team lead on the design and implementation of the Akido platform and solutions architecture
- Develop architectural proposals and produce cost/benefit analyses for new products and features for the Akido platform
- Contribute as a hands-on engineer to ensuring that critical code is scalable and production-quality, both directly and via code reviews for peers
- Design Akido platform and solution architecture to meet security and HIPAA other compliance requirements
- Continually adjust our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technologies evolve
- Produce a robust testing infrastructure and establish necessary tools to ensure product quality
- Play a leading role in the design and continual development of internal data infrastructure used to enable large-scale analysis within Akido and to generate valuable insights for our customers.
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and prototypes used by sales, marketing and customer success functions that help us work with our customers at scale.
- 8+ years of experience in software development with at least 2 years as an architect and/or engineering leader
- Proven experience building and deploying scalable apps using cloud platform technologies (Docker, AWS, Apache, Spark)
- Experience building applications using Node.js, React, and React Native
- Experience designing data models using relational and non-relational databases
- Skillfully identifying and managing trade-offs between immediate needs and a long-term vision
- Producing clean, quality code built for modularity, scalability, security, and performance, both directly and via code reviews
- Developing proof-of-concepts, prototypes, and frameworks for new systems and architectures that enable detailed technical planning for implementation teams.
- Effectively communicating solutions via polished documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
- Proven self-starter who demonstrates integrity, flexibility, creativity, and enjoys solving problems with a team
We look forward to hearing from you!