Los Angeles /
Product – Engagement /
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2021 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
What the Engagement Management Team at Akido is Like
Akido Engagement Management Teams lead the technology-enabled programs we develop with our public health, public service and health system partners. Our Engagement Management Teams (EMs) form the cornerstone of Akido’s strongest and most impactful partnerships and touch virtually every part of our business from executive stakeholders to end users externally and product management to business development internally. EMs set the direction and orchestrate their team to achieve the unique objectives of each program we execute whether it’s a pilot for a new care coordination technology or scaling a nation-wide predictive analytics program through our network. As an EM, you are motivated to serve others and believe that technology and data have the power to bring more equity to our communities.
We are currently hiring for Engagement Managers for both our Homelessness & Population Health Initiatives.
Day-to-Day of an Engagement Manager
- Execute the program(s) that you are assigned to leveraging your teammates to collaboratively achieve the goals.
- Run discovery meetings with our customers to design an impactful program and understand their organization deeply.
- Define and share the narrative of our impact for our customers to empower them to expand our programs
- Work closely with Product Managers to improve the solutions and analytics we provide to our customers
- Strategize ways for Akido to deepen relationships with our customers and grow our impact for their organization and those they serve (often vulnerable communities)
- Design and implement deployment strategies to launch new solutions with new and existing customers
This Position is Right for You If...
- You have 4 or more years of consulting work experience.
- You have more than 2 years of experience working in sensitive and complex environments (e.g. healthcare, government or public health sector)
- You can lead and navigate teams in complex environments and ambiguous situations
- You are passionate about the intersection of technology and public health
- You are located in Los Angeles or willing to relocate to Los Angeles
Perks and Benefits
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
Akido is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.