Lead Software Engineer - Product - Manager
Remote (US) /
Engineering – Apps Engineering /
Akido is a Y Combinator company helping healthcare and government institutions to meet the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. By partnering with service providers throughout our public health ecosystems and empowering them to leverage their proprietary datasets using our technology, we are able to improve the health and well being of the communities they serve and usher in preventative healthcare initiatives. Akido is being used across the US to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness and other public health crises.
Engineering Team Leads at Akido Labs
Engineering Team Leads at Akido Labs love the thrill of coaching their reports for success and building a positive and productive team culture almost as much as they love complex technical problems.
In addition to playing a leadership role in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients,
Leads are also responsible for providing the coaching, strategic context, and technical mentorship necessary to ensure their direct reports can grow as engineers and collaborators.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications or similar experience
- 4+ years experience building applications using Node.js, React, and React Native
- Significant experience with SQL/NoSQL schema design and query optimization
- (Optional) Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Manage an application engineering team of 3-6 engineers
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products to address problems like public health disparities, homelessness, deficiencies in foster care, and more.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Platform teams to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- Define testing strategies to ensure all software is well-tested, and regression/smoke tests are implemented and up-to-date for production and stage environments
- As a senior contributor, take a leading role to build and improve Engineering @ Akido, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.
We look forward to hearing from you!