Founding Product Designer
Are you a UX-oriented designer with a deep interest in developer experience? Join us in building a new kind of security/privacy solution to help software teams get in control of their data. ✨
What does Akita Software do?
We are a stealth-mode, seed-stage company building a new kind of data tool that provides a level of visibility and control over data that did not previously exist. By giving visibility to information not previously surfaced by any tool, Akita allows engineering, security, compliance, and devops teams to focus on using their data, rather than tracking it down and not losing it.
Here's more about the problem we're solving.
Who works at Akita Software?
We are passionate about helping companies protect their sensitive data by helping their developers build leak-proof software. We have deep expertise in systems engineering, software analysis, and data privacy and are setting out to change how people work with data for the better.
Akita Software was founded by Jean Yang, previously a CMU professor with over ten years of experience in programming language and systems research. Akita Software is backed by two top-tier VC firms, as well as a small number of incredible angel investors and advisors with deep experience in building companies and products.
What you will work on
- ⚡Tackle Challenging Problems. We're building a new class of developer tools which means solving new, challenging problems with user experience. If you like a good UI/UX challenge, Akita is the place for you.
- ⚡Lead User Research. Thoughtful and thorough user research is going to be key to the success of our product. You will take the lead on recruiting, designing, and conducting this research in a scrappy manner.
- ⚡Prototype New Products. Prototyping is vital to our process for evaluating new features. Building design demos and getting responses to them will be an important part of this process.
- ⚡Be Scrappy. As part of a small team you'll get to do a little bit of everything, from creating brand guidelines to assembling desks.
- 4+ years experience with UX research
- 2+ years experience with product designer
- 2+ years experience designing technical products
- 1+ years experience working on developer experience products
- Experience designing “green field” projects or new products
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Generous health and dental insurance
- Gym membership benefit
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan
At Akita, we are setting out to improve every software organization's relationship with their data. If you want to solve hard problems for a good cause, we'd love to hear from you.
Akita is an equal-opportunity employer.