Product Engineer - Fullstack
At Akita, we're making observability accessible to "99% developers."
The user experience is crucial to Akita's vision of one-click observability: making it not only easy, but delightful, for developers to understand the hairy complexities of their services and APIs. At Akita, we're hiring for product engineers passionate about supporting great developer experience that empower developers to understand their systems.
What is Akita?
Today, understanding system behavior is hard. Developers have to instrument their systems; they have to understand logs, metrics, and traces. At Akita, we're building a new kind of observability solution that does not require an internal expert to install and operate. Our solution has two main parts: an eBPF-based approach for automatically watching API traffic and automatic inference over the API traffic
Akita was founded by Jean Yang, previously a CMU professor with over ten years of experience in programming systems research and over two years of experience with Taylor Swift memes on Twitter. Akita is backed by two of the top VC firms, as well as a major NBA player and some other incredible angel investors. 🏀😇
Who works at Akita?
We're remote-first, work together closely, and get the most excited when we build something that helps our users. We believe in shipping quickly and often, learning, and iterating. We love dogs and also cats. You can learn more about our team here.
- You're a builder. You like shipping code and shipping it often. You've built and shipped features for complex applications.
- You care about developer products. You're excited by the growing value of building developer tools and want to spend your next few years building a bottom-up developer-first product.
- You're comfortable sharing drafts, getting feedback, and iterating. You have experience working closely with others and changing course based on feedback. You find this way of working fun.
- You’re scrappy. You know what it takes to ship high-quality production software, but you’re also happy taking judicious shortcuts and even deliberately incurring tech debt to get the job done. You're looking for a fast-moving team that fits the way you work.
What you'll do at Akita
- Work closely with the team to understand use cases in order to ship new features for the Akita web console.
- Work closely with the team to ship improvements to the core product.
- Dogfood the product to identify points of improvement.
- Ship new features and improvements on a daily-to-weekly cadence.
- Work with the rest of the team to address user questions and user issues.
You're a good fit if you have
- 2+ years frontend development experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate remotely under ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
You'll have an edge if you have
- Experience working on B2B tools
- Track record of working on apps known to have good UX
Not necessary for this role
- College degree
- Dev tools experience
- Management experience
- Past experience working at a startup
- Experience with Python, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, or Terraform
Frontend tech stack
- React and TypeScript
- Python (increasingly typed)
Backend tech stack
- Docker; Kubernetes
- AWS; Terraform
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Generous health and dental insurance. 401(k) plan.
- Work from anywhere in the US, as long as there is a significant overlap with 9am-6pm Pacific time.
If you're excited to build build the future of observability with a small, capable team, we'd love to hear from you.
Akita is an equal-opportunity employer.