Founding Senior Software Engineer - Product
Are you an impact-oriented engineer who loves a good challenge? Come help us build a new kind of software tool that helps companies not only find leaks faster, but also write leak-free software faster. ✨
What does Akita Software do?
We are a stealth-mode, seed-stage company building a new kind of data tool that provides a level of visibility and control over data that did not previously exist. By giving visibility to information not previously surfaced by any tool, Akita allows engineering, security, compliance, and devops teams to focus on using their data, rather than tracking it down and not losing it.
Here's more about the problem we're solving.
Who works at Akita Software?
We are passionate about helping companies protect their sensitive data by helping their developers build leak-proof software. We have deep expertise in systems engineering, software analysis, and data privacy and are setting out to change how people work with data for the better.
Akita Software was founded by Jean Yang, previously a CMU professor with over ten years of experience in programming language and systems research. Akita Software is backed by two top-tier VC firms, as well as a small number of incredible angel investors and advisors with deep experience in building companies and products.
What will you do at Akita?
- ⚡Tackle Challenging Problems. We're building a new class of developer tools which means solving new, challenging problems with software. If you like getting ambitious software projects to work in real deployments, Akita is the place for you.
- ⚡Lead Engineering Teams. Defining the technical strategy and building processes will be vital in helping us reach our goals. You will play a large role in shaping the engineering roadmap.
- ⚡Prototype New Products. Prototyping is vital to our process for evaluating new features. If you love a good quick-and-dirty prototyping project, you're going to have fun here.
- ⚡Productize Exciting Research. You will play an important role in getting our groundbreaking technology into the hands of customers. If you love learning about papers but don't have the patience to build anything that won't have immediate impact, then this role is for you.
- ⚡Be Scrappy. As part of a small team you'll get to do a little bit of everything, from setting up build systems to assembling desks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience of working as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years experience building technical enterprise products
- 2+ years experience in technical or team leadership
- Significant experience leading or developing “green field” projects or new products
- Comfort with APIs, microservices, and distributed systems
- Experience designing, testing, and operating production services
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Generous health and dental insurance
- Gym membership benefit
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Docker; Kubernetes
- REST; gRPC
- AWS; GCP
At Akita, we are setting out to improve every software organization's relationship with their data. If you want to solve hard problems for a good cause, we'd love to hear from you.
Akita is an equal-opportunity employer.