Founding Senior Software Engineer - Research
Are you a research-minded engineer who wants to change real-world software development processes for the better? Join us in building a new kind of API-based software analysis solution! ✨
What does Akita Software do?
We are a stealth-mode, seed-stage company building a new kind of data tool that provides a level of visibility and control over data that did not previously exist. By giving visibility to information not previously surfaced by any tool, Akita allows engineering, security, compliance, and devops teams to focus on using their data, rather than tracking it down and not losing it.
Here's more about the problem we're solving.
Who works at Akita Software?
We are passionate about helping companies protect their sensitive data by helping their developers build leak-proof software. We have deep expertise in systems engineering, software analysis, and data privacy and are setting out to change how people work with data for the better.
Akita Software was founded by Jean Yang, previously a CMU professor with over ten years of experience in programming language and systems research. Akita Software is backed by two top-tier VC firms, as well as a small number of incredible angel investors and advisors with deep experience in building companies and products.
What will you do at Akita?
- ⚡Solve Challenging Problems. As we're building a new class of developer tools, we need to solve new and challenging problems in systems engineering and software analysis. If you like a good open-ended problem, you won't be bored at Akita!
- ⚡Lead Research. A major part of our competitive advantage lies in being able to execute well on an ambitious technical proposition. You will work closely with the CEO to define the goals and execution for Akita's tech R&D.
- ⚡Hypothesize, Build, and Iterate. Building and testing prototypes is vital to our process for quickly evaluating our technical hypotheses. You will build and measure some interesting systems. We will also support you in publishing and disseminating the work.
- ⚡Be Scrappy. As part of a small team you'll get to do a little bit of everything, from setting up build systems to assembling desks.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Peer-reviewed publications in security, programming languages/software engineering, or systems conferences
- 4+ years research experience in software analysis, software testing, distributed systems, or networking
- 2+ years experience building and benchmarking research systems
- Deep understanding of software engineering tools or continuous delivery release processes is a plus
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Generous health and dental insurance
- Gym membership benefit
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Docker; Kubernetes
- REST; gRPC
- AWS; GCP
At Akita, we are setting out to improve every software organization's relationship with their data. If you want to solve hard problems for a good cause, we'd love to hear from you.
Akita is an equal-opportunity employer.