Birmingham, Alabama /
The Alabama Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking a Training Director who will grow our digital organizing training efforts online and offline. You’ll work every day to engage and inspire Democrats in Alabama to become more active and teach them how to use campaign technology and other resources. The Training Director will play an important role on our team to grow our Democratic volunteer base, and properly educate county party members across the state to help elect Democratic nominees in 2020.
- Develop a integrated training plan for the Party, including in-person and virtual material
- Work with the state party chair, county parties, and campaign organizing team to identify top-tier volunteer training needs to achieve continuous growth and volunteer output to help elect democrats across the state
- Write, edit, design, and manage content for the Party's training program. You’ll mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket
- Manage distribution of training material
- Strategize and execute high impact, creative digital tactics to meet our organizing goals
- Work alongside county party and community leaders to provide training for VAN and other campaign technology
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for digital – and integrate them into our training efforts.
- 2+ years of experience on an electoral or issue-based campaign
- Digital work experience on a Democratic or progressive campaign
- Exceptional writing skills with a wide range of tone and personality
- Innovative and creative drive to teach
- Ability to work across departments and with external groups
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Best practices for communicating via zoom, email, Facebook and Twitter
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $6-7,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.