Birmingham, Alabama /
The Alabama Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking an Operations Director to assist with state party operations. The Operations Director is a hands-on representative whose job is to help facilitate all basic Human Resources functions as well as any other operational needs. The Operations Director will work to identify trends and develop programs to engage employees and manage and perform a wide range of HR duties including performance and development, compensation, benefits, compliance, employee relations, and training and development.
- Manage the daily response to questions or inquiries from employees related to Campaign Policies and Procedures
- Develop and facilitate training opportunities for ADP personnel
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws through the posting of EEO boards and notices
- Serve as a Liaison for the ADP’s Benefits Program by working with the Benefits Consultant to provide excellent customer service and support to internal staffers
- Coordinate and Conduct all Onboarding activities for the organization
- Prepare and send welcome material to new hires
- Liaise with departments or functions as necessary to facilitate effective HR operations
- Assist in monitoring the compensation structure within departments to ensure compliance and equity.
- Coordinate and Assist with all Exit Interviews for departing personnel
- Monitor and recommend changes to the ADP’s Employee handbook as necessary to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- 2-4 years experience in a small to medium organization
- Knowledge of Human Resource Operations and Best practices
- Knowledge of Employment legislation and regulations
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $6-7,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.