Deputy Finance Director
Birmingham, Alabama /
The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking a Deputy Finance Director- Call Time to manage call time and serve as a strategic asset to the Finance Department. The Deputy will be responsible for owning the entire call time operation, raising funds to meet predetermined goals and metrics, managing donor relationships alongside the party Chair and other members of the Finance Department, and maintaining the donor database. They will operate with a level of independence but be accountable to clearly defined goals and objectives. The Deputy will be a part of a highly collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-oriented and friendly team that will work alongside many of the major campaigns (presidential, congressional, etc.) as we endeavor to elect Democrats up and down the ballot and fund critical programs and initiatives.
- Schedule and manage fundraising call time for the Alabama Democratic Party Chair and surrogates.
- Execute appropriate email correspondence and follow up from calls.
- Assist in recruiting, building, and maintaining important donor relationships.
- Maintain detailed records of interactions with donors in our databases.
- Recruit event attendees.Assist team with on-site event operations.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with new donors
- Schedule and hold one-on-one solicitation meetings with current and prospective donors.
- Staff the Chair at events and functions, some non-finance related.
- Participate in and staff the Chairman in one-on-one donor meetings.
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Director
- 1 or more years of experience working or interning in political finance, non-profit development or as an Administrative or Executive Assistant.
- Self-motivation, professionalism, assertiveness, positive demeanor, and willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Extremely organized.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and G Suite.
- Knowledge of NGP and or other CRM or donor/sales management software.
- Experience with design applications (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in planning and executing large events a plus.
- Willingness to work outside of typical business hours, including nights and weekends
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $5-6,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.