Party Affairs Manager
Montgomery, Alabama /
The Party Affairs Manager is responsible for ensuring Party business is conducted effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with Party rules and procedures. The Manager’s responsibilities include managing all County Party business, providing basic political and administrative support to local party organizations.
The Party Affairs Manager serves as the primary point of contact for volunteer party leaders, county parties, caucuses, and other Democratic groups (High School, College, Stonewall, Young, and Women Democratic Groups).
- Providing instruction and assistance to local party leaders on questions of Party rules, conflict management, and volunteer leadership.
- Ensuring that leadership lists are kept up to date.
- Ensuring local Democratic groups are aware of training and meeting resources, and up to date party information.
- Performing other office management as administrative tasks as needed.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience and hold at least two years of related work experience, including previous work experience with relationship building and conflict resolution.
- Be a committed Democrat and have demonstrated political beliefs that fit with the Democratic Party’s mission
- Possess a strong knowledge of the structure and workings of the Democratic Party in the state and nationally
- Have experience managing large scale projects
- Have experience in coalition building and community building
- Be resourceful and able to solve problems on one’s own
- Have strong management aptitude and demonstrated skill at setting and communicating priorities
- Be comfortable working with people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with various Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, as well as database management
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Montgomery, Alabama as COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $3,500-4,500 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.