Regional Political Director
The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking Regional Political Directors to manage political relationships throughout all of Alabama’s 67 counties during the 2020 election cycle. Regional Political Directors will report to the Deputy Political Director and will oversee the state party’s surrogates, political contacts, and work as a liaison with organizations within their region.
- Maintain accurate and current profiles of political contacts within assigned region
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with political contacts, county party officials, and grasstops leaders
- Identify partner organizations and build alliances
- Communicate clear needs and priorities up and down the management chain
- Ensure data is reported consistently and accurately
- Other campaign duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of political experience on an electoral or issue based campaign
- Experience working directly with elected and political officials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible while working with various team and community members from different backgrounds
- Experience using NGP and Google Docs
- Willingness to work long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Desire to elect Democrats up and down the ticket in Alabama
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $4-5,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.