Regional Organizing Director
The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking Regional Organizing Directors to manage a team of organizers throughout all of Alabama’s 67 counties during the 2020 election cycle. Regional Organizing Directors will report to a Deputy Organizing Director and will oversee the state party’s volunteer engagement and direct voter contact program in their region. They will directly manage and coach a team of organizers to ensure that all voter contact goals are met for their area.
- Hiring, managing, training, and mentoring a team of field organizers
- Develop strategies to help your team adapt the statewide field plan to the needs of each turf within your region
- Track progress to goal and coach a team of field organizers to success
- Communicate clear needs and priorities up and down the management chain
- Ensure data is reported consistently and accurately
- Other campaign duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of organizing experience on a large scale electoral or issue based campaign
- Experience coaching and training volunteers or staff on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible while working with various team and community members from different backgrounds
- Experience using Votebuilder and Google Docs
- Willingness to work long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Desire to and elect Democrats up and down the ticket in Alabama
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $4-5,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.