Deputy Operations Director
Birmingham, Alabama /
The Alabama Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking a Deputy Operations Director to assist our Director of Operations with state party operations.. The Deputy Director of Operations is a hands-on representative whose job is to assist in facilitating all basic Human Resources functions as well as any other operational needs. Deputy Operations will work to perform a wide range of HR duties including performance and development, compensation, benefits, compliance, employee relations, and training and development.
- Assist in managing the daily response to questions or inquiries from employees related to Campaign Policies and Procedures
- Co-develop and facilitate training opportunities for ADP personnel
- Prepare and send welcome material to new hires
- Liaise with departments or functions as necessary to facilitate effective HR operations
- Coordinate and Assist with all Exit Interviews for departing personnel
- Monitor and recommend changes to the ADP’s Employee handbook as necessary to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Manage ADP expenditures and reimbursements to vendors and staff
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a small to medium organization
- Knowledge of Human Resource Operations and Best practices
- Knowledge of Employment legislation and regulations
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Outstanding Communication and Interpersonal skills
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $5-6,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.