The Alabama Democratic Party is seeking organizers to be the backbone of campus organizing efforts on college and university campuses through the 2020 election cycle. Campus organizers will report to the Campus Organizing Director and will oversee the state party’s volunteer engagement and direct voter contact program at their assigned college or university. Campus organizers will be the face of the party within the campus community that they are assigned. They will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing a team of volunteers to ensure that all voter contact goals are met for their campus.
- Regularly reaching out to active volunteers and continually working to identify new volunteers through phone calls, texting, and campus events where possible
- Strategically organizing campus and engaging first-time volunteers and voters, as well as building online communities of volunteers
- Host events on campus to identify new volunteers and engage new voters
- Training volunteers to conduct voter contact through all available methods
- Personally executing voter contact, voter registration, and volunteer recruitment through all available methods
- Daily data entry and ensuring maintenance of campaign’s data standards
- Daily reporting of qualitative and quantitative information
- Other campaign duties as assigned
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible while working with various team and community members from different backgrounds
- Ability to use Google Docs
- Willingness to work long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Desire to relocate to and elect Democrats up and down the ticket in Alabama
- Experience using Votebuilder preferred, but not required
- Experience with a campaign as an organizer, fellow, intern, or volunteer preferred, but not required
This position will begin remotely, with the expectation to relocate to Alabama COVID-19 permits. Compensation is $3-4,000 per month with health benefits at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires long and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
The Alabama Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.